While this lacks roof raise and has crushed down the bunks to silly proportions, the layout core is present. It fits!
All walkways are minimum of 2.5′, the door itself 30″. Rear door will remain in place (though gain height in the roof raise) so as to allow both an emergency exit as well as direct access to bathroom.
As the paint is drying FAR slower than I had anticipated due to low 50ºF nights and possibly vapor pressure (fan had a very noticeable impact this afternoon), storing the seats in the bus was a no go. I put up all the windows, shut the doors, and pulled the roof vents down. The 28 (heavy!) seats have been put into the well house I cleaned out earlier for this potential purpose. Turns out they stack up quite nicely, making for a compact tower of up to 8 in an 8′ ceiling room. Three towers of eight, one of six.
I cleaned up the two coolant based heater for use later. I’ll be oiling the motors and installing new foam barriers/seals later on.
Ended up buying a second gallon of Smoke Grey.
Cough. Sputter. Good lord that was a lot of dust even with mask. Due to the severity, I ended up using a fine steel wire brush on the drill. Worked perfect. Swept and air hosed out the bus several times. Everything is ready for tomorrow being paint day. Assuming I don’t end up seriously ill.
Started a bit late today, ground down all the rust with a 6″ course grind wheel on a drill. An angle grinder or some such probably would have been better as while the drill was far more maneuverable, it was shaking hell out of my hands. That matters when you are doing several hours of that crap.
I’ve also removed the radiator hoses on the loop leading to the passenger front and passenger back heaters. Didn’t like the fluids one bit, more on that in a following post.
After sweeping and using compressed air to clean out all the debris, I used a strong solution of TSP in hot water and a scrub bush to work my way across each panel, spraying and scrubbing. After that ordeal, I used remaining solution to spray over the entire floor and some spots I wanted to insure were clean. This was soon followed up with hosing out the bus with a spray nozzle several times until I was satisfied. Remaining standing water was swept out, fan was put in on high to help it all evaporate one more time.
Some quick pictures of the floor post drying.