I cleaned up the two coolant based heater for use later. I’ll be oiling the motors and installing new foam barriers/seals later on.
Cough. Sputter. Good lord that was a lot of dust even with mask. Due to the severity, I ended up using a fine steel wire brush on the drill. Worked perfect. Swept and air hosed out the bus several times. Everything is ready for tomorrow being paint day. Assuming I don’t end up seriously ill.
Started a bit late today, ground down all the rust with a 6″ course grind wheel on a drill. An angle grinder or some such probably would have been better as while the drill was far more maneuverable, it was shaking hell out of my hands. That matters when you are doing several hours of that crap.
I’ve also removed the radiator hoses on the loop leading to the passenger front and passenger back heaters. Didn’t like the fluids one bit, more on that in a following post.
After sweeping and using compressed air to clean out all the debris, I used a strong solution of TSP in hot water and a scrub bush to work my way across each panel, spraying and scrubbing. After that ordeal, I used remaining solution to spray over the entire floor and some spots I wanted to insure were clean. This was soon followed up with hosing out the bus with a spray nozzle several times until I was satisfied. Remaining standing water was swept out, fan was put in on high to help it all evaporate one more time.
Got hit with some kind of sickness. Managed to take the pickup of junk to the dump and sweep up the floor. Wish I had been smart enough to wear the respirator rather than get a case of black lung. 😛
Past that, the day fell apart, including the camera eating images of the cleaned floor. I feel like crap. x_x
The floor and seats are removed. With minimal blood loss. Urgh. Got a full pickup load of debris to take to the dump in the morning. Agenda for tomorrow is cleanup, wirebrushing, and general paint prep.