Oct 022010
 

Start­ed a bit late today, ground down all the rust with a 6″ course grind wheel on a drill.  An angle grinder or some such prob­a­bly would have been bet­ter as while the drill was far more maneu­ver­able, it was shak­ing hell out of my hands.  That mat­ters when you are doing sev­er­al hours of that crap.

I’ve also removed the radi­a­tor hoses on the loop lead­ing to the pas­sen­ger front and pas­sen­ger back heaters.  Didn’t like the flu­ids one bit, more on that in a fol­low­ing post.

After sweep­ing and using com­pressed air to clean out all the debris, I used a strong solu­tion of TSP in hot water and a scrub bush to work my way across each pan­el, spray­ing and scrub­bing.  After that ordeal, I used remain­ing solu­tion to spray over the entire floor and some spots I want­ed to insure were clean.  This was soon fol­lowed up with hos­ing out the bus with a spray noz­zle sev­er­al times until I was sat­is­fied.  Remain­ing stand­ing water was swept out, fan was put in on high to help it all evap­o­rate one more time.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.